RebeccaCROPPED
slide1class="active" /> slide2" /> slide3" /> slide4" alt="slideshow image 4" /> slide5" /> slide6" alt="slide6">" />

Welcome

I'm Rebecca, the girl behind the camera .... thank you for popping by to say hello.


Rebecca Doyle Photography - the art of capturing precious moments in time.......

Funny Faces

This afternoon I embarked on making 'Funny Face' biscuits with Tara (I remember doing these as a kid!).... these were a great activity to do with her, as the preparation (and mess) was minimal, and she got to have fun creating.

I lost count however of the amount of times she said "Can I eat one?" when she picked up a lolly to decorate the faces!

I have learnt from the last few times I have done either craft or cooking activities with little Miss-busy-active-'hands-on'-2 1/2 year old .... prepare first. So after her & I took a trip to the shops (and we stopped for a coffee/milk shake) to select the face decorations, I quickly headed into the kitchen to get everything ready.

We had bowls of chocolate, jelly beans, fruit sticks and sprinkles. A quick mix of icing sugar, boiling water and a few drops of food colouring saw the pinky/purple icing ready to go.


And then little Miss, in her pink sparkly shoes, entered the kitchen ready for action.
And aren't these shoes the cutest?! A couple of weeks ago, I decided Tara needed more shoes than the runners and gumboots she wore most days, so I announced to her "let's go to the shops and buy you some shoes" ..... her response "I'd like pink, sparkly ones please!!". Fortunately for me, the shop we went to had them. Phew. Melt down avoided.
Pin It




I thought I would use today's kitchen activity to also take my 'Embrace the Camera' photo (taking an everyday shot, with me included).



And here is the finished product. Did you too make these as a child?



The Paper Mama Photo Challenge


11 comments:

Mira Crisp said...

Oh my gosh, I love those shoes! So pretty and so girly!

4 Lettre Words said...

Goodness...such a sweet moment captured! LOVE those sparkly pink shoes, too. :)

Discovery School at First Baptist Heath said...

great shots.. like a magazine spread... can I photograph in your kitchen????

tiarastantrums said...

adorable! looks like she had a great time!

deb duty said...

This is so fun and it's so great that you included yourself in the photos. I hardly ever do that!

photo by ansku said...

Lovely colorful images! Especially the one with pink/purple shoes, so great!!

Gina Kleinworth said...

Now that looks like the perfect way to spend a day!!! She is so cute!!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone!
And yes Mom of M & M .... come on over :)
So glad you all liked these photos - I loved the appreciation for her sparkly little shoes
x

Bunch of Barrons said...

How cute! :) What a fun idea.

Breena said...

How precious! And so fun! (I love those little pink shoes)! Thanks so much for sharing at "Life as this Mommy knows It"!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Breena!!! What a wonderful suprise :D

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Buy Rebecca Doyle Photography art