RebeccaCROPPED
slide1class="active" /> slide2" /> slide3" /> slide4" alt="slideshow image 4" /> slide5" /> slide6" alt="slide6">" />

Welcome

I'm Rebecca, the girl behind the camera .... thank you for popping by to say hello.


Rebecca Doyle Photography - the art of capturing precious moments in time.......

Birthday carrot cake

Hip hip hooray......

Yesterday was my lovely husband Chris' birthday, and this year I am determined to do more baking (from scratch). I love making cakes and cupcakes for special occasions, but sadly don't do it as often as I would like. And although not really a person to set myself resolutions with the dawning of a New Year, I am going to make more of an effort to get stuck into the kitchen a little bit more.

Inspired by my friend Marinda, who posted on her Lady Cookie Monster blog last week, what was promised to be a nice & simple Carrot Cake recipe... I took to the kitchen to make Chris' birthday cake. Check out the recipe HERE - it was nice and simple to make, and so very delicious :)

And I fashioned some cute mini 'carrots' with dried apricots and green lolly snakes.












Lady Cookie Monster
This is also my first contribution to the wonderful 'and then, she {snapped}' blog's 'Photo Show Off' :)

and
 then, she {snapped}

8 comments:

Sheri said...

That looks OH SO delicious! And the picture is lovely Rebecca. I just know that one of these days, going to work for you is going to mean picking up your camera. :) Tara will more than likely be arranging the props for you, and telling you how to hold your elbows correctly, because as my father always said, it's all in how you hold your elbows. (for everything!)

Gina Kleinworth said...

Be still my heart- that looks so GOOD!

Jennie Louise said...

Ohh wow.. I've just stumbled across your blog whilst blog hopping -- I used to follow you on 365 project too (which I've now finished)
Your photo's were stunning... so glad I've found your blog, *following* now, not stalking, honest, LOL
Jennie. x

Anonymous said...

Awwwww FABULOUS! your garnishing is so much more inventive than mine I must say. Love it to bits! Glad you enjoyed. And YAY my button is there :D

Unknown said...

Sheri - your comments, support & friendship mean SO MUCH!! Thank you :) It was very yummy too!

Gina - thanks!! It was rather delicious! I love birthdays - good excuse for cake!

Jennie!!! HELLO! So lovely to hear from you - I'm so glad you stumbled across my blog :) Are you a blogger too? I've only just started but am really enjoying it - and finding it an excellent motivation for me to keep snapping photos post-365 :). Hope all in your corner of the world is great. x

Miss Cookie Monster! Thank you :) It was such a yummy cake (still is! A couple of bits still left... we are rationing it!). I've already sent your link to a friend at work who is going to make the cake for her husband's birthday next month. x

Ms. Understood said...

That looks so delicious! Great photo too.

momto8 said...

the picture looks as fabulous as the cake. You are so talented!!
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much ladies - it was yummy, yummy, scrumptious - makes me want to make another one soon :)
Mom to 8?! - I'm tired some days just being Mum to 1!! Thanks for the new follow - happily following your blog now too :)

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Buy Rebecca Doyle Photography art