RebeccaCROPPED
slide1class="active" /> slide2" /> slide3" /> slide4" alt="slideshow image 4" /> slide5" /> slide6" alt="slide6">" />

Welcome

I'm Rebecca, the girl behind the camera .... thank you for popping by to say hello.


Rebecca Doyle Photography - the art of capturing precious moments in time.......

Memories, Dreams & Reflections - 2011

I have recently taken up blogger-stalking (my goodness.... so many talented photographers & inspiring people out there!)and I came across Ashley Sisk's linky "Memories, Dreams & Reflections", providing 25 topics to match a photo to, taken during 2011. I found this exercise a fabulous way to reflect on just what the last year meant to me, and importantly, the pieces of my life that make me, me. I have a lot to be thankful for and am surrounded by a lot of love - and when I look back on my year and realise that, well, it just makes my heart smile and little tears appear in my eyes.

I encourage EVERYONE to do this exercise themselves - it doesn't have to necessarily be in photo format, but please indulge yourself the time to pause and reflect on each of the 25 topics. I guarantee you, you will end up with a smile on your face :)


1. Me!
"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are"
~E.E.Cummings
I chose this photo as during my 365 project last year I boldly stepped into the world of taking self-portraits ... something I NEVER thought I would do. Selfies took me out of my comfort zone, and I so loved the challenge of these shots.


2. I Love You
This photo is my take on a family portrait (I have a bit of a thing for taking photos of feet and legs!). The lyrics from the Dave Matthew's Band song 'You & Me Together' inspired my thinking behind this photo....
"Oh, and when the kids are old enough
We're gonna teach them to fly

You and me together, we could do anything, baby
You and me together yes, yes"


I love the two people in this photo with me more than I can ever say.


3. Still Laughing...
My husband and daughter took to the kitchen to make gingerbread men - and by the look on l'il T's face when the first egg was cracked, it would seem she hadn't seen that happen before! Makes me smile everytime I look at this photo :D


4. Winter Wonderland
A frosty, clear and crisp morning in Canberra.


5. Birthday
We spent my little girl's 2nd birthday this year with our immediate family in Melbourne. My sister-in-law put on a spread fit for a princess .... how absurdly cute are these little tea cups!!


6. Friends
Two and half years ago, when in hospital giving birth to my little girl, I met a very special person - who also happened to be giving birth to a little girl. We now have what we fondly refer to as birthday twins, and have developed a most precious friendship that I treasure so very much. She is a great friend and a great listener, and we share many a parenting story together.


7. I Was Inspired...


8. Spring Fever
I love the blossoms that pop up everywhere in Spring!


9. Travel or Vacation
We spent a fabulous evening strolling around Singapore, eating in the open air hawker markets, people watching and taking in the dazzling city sights.


10. Summer Days
I love summer days :)


11. A Day In My Life
I love my days where I get to hang out with my daughter ... she is so funny, so curious, so energetic and quite simply, just so much fun.


12. All Smiles
There really isn't anything better than the pure joy children experience day in, day out. Certainly makes me smile looking at her smiling, giggling face.


13. Autumn Harvest
Crunching leaves,
Giggling girl,
Daddy throwing leaves.....
Doesn't get much better


14. Family or Home
This picture was taken in Langkawi, Malaysia (with my camera balancing precariously on some beach rocks).

My family. My love.


15. Celebrate!
I love making cakes and cupcakes for celebrations of different kinds.


16. Let's Do It Again...
This photo was taken on the first day of our Malaysia/Singapore holiday last year.

I read a book this holiday. A whole book. In daylight hours. Which is such a treat that I was giddy with excitement. That's a little odd right?! Those with 2 year olds will no doubt though understand my excitement.


17. I Miss You
Is there anything better than your Mum's roast dinner?
This picture represents things I miss - not necessarily the food, but the person that cooks them. We live interstate from our immediate families, and sometimes I miss them so very much. When my Mum visits she generally disappears into our kitchen to prepare the most delicious roast dinner & vegies. This time it was lamb.... my favourite :)


18. Beautiful
This is my girl - I look at this face a hundred times a day and still I miss it when I don't see it. I never quite knew a love like this until I became her Mummy.

I'd like to share some words that I love......
"I am your parent, you are my child.
I am your quiet place, you are my wild.

I am your calm face, you are my giggle.
I am your wait, you are my wiggle.

I am your dinner, you are my chocolate cake.
I am your bedtime, you are my wide awake.

I am your lullaby, you are my peek a boo.
I am your goodnight kiss, you are my I love you."

- from 'You Are My I Love You' ~ Maryann Cusimano


19. Dress Up
Looking through my photos from last year I came across quite a few of my daughter in various types of dress up. But the photo that I love the most is Tara with her Uncle Steve. We are fortunate to have my husband's brother & his wife living in our home town for a couple of years - we are really enjoying having them close by, and the time that they have been able to spend with their niece has been so incredibly precious - I hope they realise just how much that means to my husband & I. Tara loves them to bits, and I know they feel the same way.

I took this photo when they had come around after work to visit Tara for her birthday. Uncle Steve didn't even bat an eyelid when asked to don bunny ears and other dress up items, fully dressed in his work suit. You can see why we love Uncle Steve!


20. Macro


21. Holidays
We had a marvellous overseas holiday this year. Here are Tara and I, after enjoying our breakfast overlooking the Andaman Sea in Langkawi.


22. My Favorite
This prompt was to share your favorite picture or memory from 2011. I chose this picture to represent all the fun times I had with my daughter last year.

"A daughter is a bundle of firsts that excite and delight, giggles that come from deep inside and are always contagious, everything wonderful and precious and your love for her knows no bounds."
-- Barbara Cage

Gosh I love this little girl to bits! ♥♥

Self-timer & a wiggling 20 month old.... phew.... I was exhausted!



23. Don't Ever Change
I love her curiosity. I love her explorations.

I love watching her mind grow as she learns about the world around her.

I love when she looks at a photo and says "Who is that Mummy?".

I love whenever she sees a sign she says "What's that letter Mummy?".

I love that when she finds out Daddy is busy at work, she nods seriously, stating "Daddy is at Parliament". (He isn't - it just seems this is where busy people must be!).

I love when she sees electricity pylons she excitedly shouts "Eiffel Tower".

I hope her beautiful curious nature, quest for more information and enthusiasm for things around her never changes.


24. Just Because...So There!


25. Hopes and Dreams

Thank you for taking the time to visit my 'Memories, Dreams & Reflections - 2011'. Please take the time to look back on your 2011 too (and if you do, please leave me a comment and tell me some of your highlights!)




love.bug.

7 comments:

Geertje said...

well, this is just a perfect way to reflect on the past year! And you made such amazing pictures! I was also constantly thinking about what pictures I would use. But where to post it? I need a blog/website!!!

Ashley Sisk said...

So glad you linked up - what an incredible set. I'm quite inspired and can't wait to see what you'll be up to in 2012.

Skye said...

I adore the picture of your daughter in the Don't ever change photo! How gorgeous! And the beautiful picture! Wow! Great job!

Tracy P. said...

These are just fantastic! The cookies and Singapore are close runners up to the shots of you and your daughter. I love the poem you included. SO true!

Unknown said...

Thanks Geertje..... it was really such a lovely exercise to do - and certainly made me realise how much I have to be grateful for. And YES - you need a blog! I would definitely follow you :)

Ashley - thank you so much!! I have only recently come across your blog ... and I must say, I LOVE it!! Thanks for taking the time to comment :)

Skye - thank you! Little kids are so fun to follow around with a camera some days, just watching them view the world around them :)

Tracy P - thanks so much!! Those words really hit the mark don't they?! Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love your collection too.

Sara said...

Wow, what a gorgeous set Rebecca, love your selfies, especially "just because", so quirky, and "inspired"! Love the birthday and celebration shots. "I love you" is so creative and gorgeous! Well done, thanks for visiting me @ Chasing Rainbows, can't wait to see more of your photos!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for your lovely comments Sara & taking the time to check out my little set. It was such a fun exercise to do ... and little people really make you count your blessings don't they?! :D

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Buy Rebecca Doyle Photography art